Mid Level Rails Developer
Full Time | Mid Level | Salary Negotiable | Solve (Serriosuly) cool problems
Do you love designing elegant solutions to challenging problems? So do we, and we're looking for someone to do it with! GymLeads takes pride in writing clean code that solves challenging problems and powers a variety of cross platform apps used by people all around the world. This is the perfect role for a back end developer that's looking to challenge themselves and learn skills that will take them to the next level.
In this role you will
- Take ownership of important parts of the GymLeads API.
- Craft clean code for new features.
- Refactor existing code to bring it up to standard.
- Manage deployments and review pull requests from other team members.
- Work with the team to constantly improve how we do things.
- Keep up to date with the latest security issues, and ensure GymLeads is ready for them.
- Become an expert in API development best practises.
You will have
- Have at least 3 years writing Ruby/Rails in a production grade web app.
- Experience with building and maintaining JSON APIs.
- Demonstrable experience writing tests.
- Experience with queuing/background processing.
- Advanced ActiveRecord experience.
- Experience using git source control.
- A solid understanding of security concerns that relate to API development.
- A proven ability to be autonomous.
- Experience with continuous integration.
It’s even better if you have
- Experience integrating with SMS or Email providers.
- Dev-Ops experience.
- Worked in the fitness industry.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience with performance testing/improving response times.
- Worked with or on marketing automation software.
- Read any books by Robert Martin and/or Martin Fowler (It would make a great talking point!).
- Memorised (and practised) Sandi Mertz rules for developers.
To apply, send us your resume and a short cover letter to [email protected]. We can't wait to meet you!